Monday, August 2, 2010

Oh the joys of knitting!

The last couple of weeks have been so busy for me that I have not had time to do any blogging. I spent the month of July dyeing some yarn as well as teaching at the Eliot School a class on natural dye yarns. The class I taught is always a joy to teach because I get to see new students learn about non-chemical dyeing of yarn. I only teach the class once a year but the students I had were amazing students. I look forward to this fall and winter. I will be teaching beginners knitting, intermediate knitting, and knitting for kids. And who says life isn’t busy :)

I have managed to find time for myself to do some knitting. I have been working on a sweater for about a year now…well it’s mostly due to my procrastination this year of getting this sweater completed. I purchased the yarn at WEBs in the Northampton last year with my good friend Nicole (and this sweater is for her).
The pattern that I am doing is a cropped hoodie sweater that looks so gorgeous however, the pattern is not so easy to read or understand. I am almost finished with the sweater. I spent Friday night knitting the majority of it until 1:00 AM while watching the movie Pride and Prejudice. Keep your fingers crossed that I complete this next week!

No comments: