Monday, December 19, 2011

Color Palette at Work

By Diane of Lady Dye Fiber Arts & Design


I am sorting through my inventory for the last couple of days and I was really inspired by the array of colors that I had created the past 6 months. Although most of that inventory has been sold which makes me very happy, I am always producing more yarn each week. After looking at my inventory I have realized how much I enjoy mixing my color palette up with color combinations that make you think outside the box. I really have found my niche for my color and it's because I have taken the time to find inspiration from modern and contemporary artists but also I am trying to spend more time going on excursions locally to find interesting materials and people wearing amazing colors. I don't like to boast about these accomplishments but I have seen a progression in my work that I am extremely humbled with. As crafters and artist, we need to continue to evolve in our own crafts. Sometimes you have to go against what you have always been comfortable producing in order to create new and innovative artwork and crafts.

Check this one out!


Why not another one to show you!









No comments: